WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Beervana staff are wearing orange t-shirts if you need anything.
- Beervana dollars are the only accepted form of payment.
- Load yo your wristband at the banks located at the entrance and part way down the concourse.
- Refunds for unused dollars are available until midnight Saturday 11th August. No refunds will be given after the event.
- All bars will close 30 minutes before the session ends.
- Water is free and flowing and located on all bars.
GETTING TO THE STADIUM
TAKE A STROLL
Located on Waterloo Quay, the Stadium is a short walk from the central business district of Wellington. Head to the Wellington Railway Station. Once there, join the elevated walkway that takes you directly to the Stadium entrance. There are three access points to the walkway.
- from Thorndon Quay just north of the Railway Station
- from near Shed 21 on the Port
- directly from the Railway platforms (8/7, 6/5, 4/3)
The walkway is 650m long with harbour views. It takes approximately 5-10 minutes to walk the length of the walkway.
GET ON YOUR BIKE
Bicycle stands are available at no cost on the ground floor of the Stadium car park underneath the Western pedestrian ramp. On Stadium event days only, there is also limited motorcycle parking available in this location at no charge. Greater Wellington also provides cycle lockers at the Wellington Railway Station.
Please note Stadium event days includes events falling on a weekend, or week day where the car park is closed to commuters. Please note motorcycles are not permitted on the Fran Wilde Walkway at any time, and no bikes of any kind may park along the Fran Wilde Walkway on event days. Please contact the Stadium directly for further information.
TRAVEL BY TRAIN
Numerous services from throughout the Wellington region arrive and depart at the Wellington Railway Station. From the station, it is a short stroll along the Fran Wilde Walkway to reach the Stadium. For further information, visit Metlink or call 0800 801 700. Special fares may apply.
BOARD A BUS
The bus terminal is adjacent to the main walkway entry point near the Wellington Railway Station at the southern end of Thorndon Quay. From the station, it is a short stroll along the Fran Wilde Walkway to reach the Stadium. For further information, visit Metlink or call 0800 801 700.
IN THE CAR
Vehicle access is off Waterloo Quay, at the traffic lights opposite the entrance to CentrePort. Parking is available at the Stadium Car Park. Event day pricing may apply and spaces are limited. For some major events, traffic restrictions may be put in place. Please check the relevant event page or our news section for up to date information.
Please note once the Stadium car park is full, notices will be displayed on road signage and announced through our social channels. Vehicles seeking a park for the event will then be directed away from the Stadium.
RIDE LOCAL WITH ZOOMY
To help you and your mates get safely from A to B and everywhere in between this Beervana, the legends at Kiwi ride-share co. Zoomy are knocking an awesome 50% OFF the fare on ALL RIDES. That’s from midnight on Thursday 9th August to midnight Sunday 12th August.
Just enter the promo code BEERVANA50 when you book your ride using the Zoomy App and then sit back, chill and swill. Alternatively, if you want to take in the fine Wellington air whilst waiting, you can also relax in the big Zoomy Tent just outside the stadium entrance.
When your Zoomy ride arrives, simply follow the Zoomy signs that’ll lead you down the pedestrian ramp to the ground floor, jump in and off you go (You can do that all in reverse if you’re getting a Zoomy ride to Beervana. Except the ‘book your ride’ bit).
Not a Zoomy rider yet? You can download the App from here. Easy Peasy.
TAKE A TAXI
Before and after an event, the drop off point for taxis and shuttles is on the ground level adjacent to the pedestrian ramp*. There is no rank for chartered or "ordered" taxi or shuttles. Please note that there may be delays after the end of an event.
No taxis or shuttles are permitted on the upper plaza for at least 30 minutes after the end of the event. Priority will be given to mobility-impaired passengers who have pre-booked taxis or shuttles. The 30 minute limit is subject to all Stadium shuttles having departed. * Please note for large events, taxis are required to drop off/pick up from Bunny St, Hinemoa St or Thorndon Quay.
CATCH A FERRY
Thanks to the awesome folk at Bluebridge you can get 25% off your return trip! And there is more!
You can enjoy a selection of Beervana craft beers and some yummy Kiwi food. Show them your Beervana ticket and you’ll get a non-alcoholic drink on them.
Plus free movies, free WIFI and earn Airpoints Dollars™…whatever floats your boat.
Or if you’d like your own space or to chill out before or after the festival, get a room. Book one of our affordable, private cabins with it’s own ensuite.
You’ll arrive in Wellington CBD at the Bluebridge Ferry terminal and can walk north along Waterloo Quay and join the walkway.
Book using the promo code CRAFTY before 16 July 2018 (for travel from 1 to 13 August 2018) and you’ll save 25% off your return trip with us. Take your wheels and you’ll save 25% off them too.
To book this offer you must enter or quote the promo code CRAFTY online at www.bluebridge.co.nz or via the customer service centre on 0800 844 844.
HOP ON A PLANE
Travelling to the Stadium from the airport is easy and enjoyable; by taxi, airport shuttle or the Airport Flyer bus. The Wellington Airport website has more information on transport options. Wellington Airport is approximately 10 km from Westpac Stadium.
Westpac Stadium has a gold rating from Be. Accessible. They aim to deliver a quality experience for all patrons including those with disabilities. They provide a number of facilities to ensure attending an event is as easy as possible.
GETTING TO THE STADIUM
Are you being dropped off by vehicle?
- There is a set down area available on the ground floor car park. Just ask the car park attendants for directions.
- From the ground floor, a golf cart is available to transport you up to a set down area near the Stadium entrance.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available to assist you in getting to your seat from the drop off area. Please alert a staff member if you require such assistance.
- For exhibitions, vehicle set down may be permitted at the top of the ramp, if traffic volumes are low.
Are you bringing your own vehicle?
- An area for disabled parking on the ground floor is set aside at events.
- From the ground floor, a golf cart is available to transport you up to a set down area near the Stadium entrance. A disabled Mobility pass by itself does not entitle you to park at the Stadium. Stadium event day parking charges will apply.
- Event day parking can be purchased in advance by calling the Stadium Trust office on 04 473 3881 or send us an email. Advance purchase needs to be completed at least one week prior to the day of the event.
Are you coming by bus or train?
We have golf carts available to transport patrons requiring assistance from the top of the railway station ramps, or the top of the spiral staircase on Thorndon Quay to the entrance gates and back to the public car park.
At the end of the event, the people-movers will run on demand to return you to one of the three areas.
Check out the Wellington Accessibility Map for extra information while navigating the capital.
- Two Westpac ATM machines are located at Aisles 16 and 20.