The Wellington Culinary Events Trust (WCET) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is any piece of information that relates to a living, identifiable human being.
The WCET operates festival events Visa Wellington On a Plate, Beervana and Highball, as well as other activities from time to time. This policy covers all the activity of the WCET.
Collection of personal information
WCET collects personal information about you from:
● You, when you voluntarily provide, or consent to the provision of, that information to us, including via the www.VisaWOAP.com, www.Beervana.co.nz and www.highball.co.nz websites, any WCET mobile applications, and any related service, through any registration, application, competition or subscription process, through contact with us, including telephone, email, mail or via social media channels. Or when you make a purchase for a product or service, including purchasing tickets for an event run by the WCET and/or a third party.
● Third Parties, where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
The WCET may use your personal information:
● To verify your identity
● To provide services to you
● To send you promotional information about our services or events through email, unless you otherwise advise us to cease from sending you such information
● To conduct research about our services and events
● To undertake pre-employment checks of you
● To respond to any enquiries, including feedback and complaints made by you
● To bill you and collect the money you owe us
● To improve our services to you
● To communicate with you about cancelled or postponed events
● To send you prizes relating to competitions
● To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
● Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying system that we use to provide the WCET website, any WCET mobile application or other services and products, and we have no control over their privacy policies.
● Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
● A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
● Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency).
● Any other person authorised by you.
● A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand, for example, cloud storage
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or PO Box 24101 Manners Street, Wellington.
Internet use / cookies
We take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy. Any change will apply from the date we upload the revised policy.