Once again, the Sky Stadium will be host to the biggest celebration of Good Beer on 18+19 August 2023. By sea, land or air, read below to discover all the routes that will lead to Beervana this August. You can check out the 2022 festival map here.
GETTING TO THE STADIUM
TAKE A STROLL
Located on Waterloo Quay, the Stadium is a short walk from the central business district of Wellington. Head to the Wellington Railway Station. Once there, join the elevated walkway that takes you directly to the Stadium entrance. There are three access points to the walkway.
- From Thorndon Quay just north of the Railway Station
- From near Shed 21 on the Port
- Directly from the Railway platforms (8/7, 6/5, 4/3)
The walkway is 650m long with harbour views. It takes approximately 5-10 minutes to walk the length of the walkway.
GET ON YOUR BIKE
Bicycle stands are available at no cost on the ground floor of the Stadium car park underneath the Western pedestrian ramp. On Stadium event days only, there is also limited motorcycle parking available in this location at no charge. Greater Wellington also provides cycle lockers at the Wellington Railway Station.
Please note Stadium event days includes events falling on a weekend, or weekday where the car park is closed to commuters. Please note motorcycles are not permitted on the Fran Wilde Walkway at any time, and no bikes of any kind may park along the Fran Wilde Walkway on event days. Please contact the Stadium directly for further information.
TRAVEL BY TRAIN
Numerous services from throughout the Wellington region arrive and depart at the Wellington Railway Station. From the station, it is a short stroll along the Fran Wilde Walkway to reach the Stadium. For further information, visit Metlink or call 0800 801 700. Special fares may apply.
BOARD A BUS
The bus terminal is adjacent to the main walkway entry point near the Wellington Railway Station at the southern end of Thorndon Quay. From the station, it is a short stroll along the Fran Wilde Walkway to reach the Stadium. For further information, visit Metlink or call 0800 801 700.
IN THE CAR
Vehicle access is off Waterloo Quay, at the traffic lights opposite the entrance to CentrePort. Parking is available at the Stadium Car Park. Event day pricing may apply and spaces are limited. For some major events, traffic restrictions may be put in place. Please check the relevant event page or our news section for up to date information.
Please note once the Stadium car park is full, notices will be displayed on road signage and announced through our social channels. Vehicles seeking a park for the event will then be directed away from the Stadium.
Before and after an event, the drop off point for taxis and shuttles is on the ground level adjacent to the pedestrian ramp*. There is no rank for chartered or "ordered" taxi or shuttles. Please note that there may be delays after the end of an event.
No taxis or shuttles are permitted on the upper plaza for at least 30 minutes after the end of the event. Priority will be given to mobility-impaired passengers who have pre-booked taxis or shuttles. The 30-minute limit is subject to all Stadium shuttles having departed. * Please note for large events, taxis are required to drop off/pick up from Bunny St, Hinemoa St or Thorndon Quay.
HOP ON A PLANE
Travelling to the Stadium from the airport is easy and enjoyable; by taxi, airport shuttle or the Airport Flyer bus. The Wellington Airport website has more information on transport options. Wellington Airport is approximately 10 km from Sky Stadium.
Sky Stadium has a gold rating from Be. Accessible. They aim to deliver a quality experience for all patrons including those with disabilities. They provide a number of facilities to ensure attending an event is as easy as possible.
ARE YOU BEING DROPPED OFF BY VEHICLE?
- There is a set down area available on the ground floor car park. Just ask the car park attendants for directions.
- From the ground floor, a golf cart is available to transport you up to a set down area near the Stadium entrance.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available to assist you in getting to your seat from the drop off area. Please alert a staff member if you require such assistance.
- For exhibitions, vehicle set down may be permitted at the top of the ramp, if traffic volumes are low.
ARE YOU BRINGING YOUR OWN VEHICLE?
- An area for disabled parking on the ground floor is set aside at events.
- From the ground floor, a golf cart is available to transport you up to a set down area near the Stadium entrance. A disabled Mobility pass by itself does not entitle you to park at the Stadium. Stadium event day parking charges will apply.
- Event day parking can be purchased in advance by calling the Stadium Trust office on 04 473 3881 or send us an email. Advance purchase needs to be completed at least one week prior to the day of the event.
ARE YOU COMING BY BUS OR TRAIN?
We have golf carts available to transport patrons requiring assistance from the top of the railway station ramps, or the top of the spiral staircase on Thorndon Quay to the entrance gates and back to the public car park.
At the end of the event, the people-movers will run on demand to return you to one of the three areas.
Check out the Wellington Accessibility Map for extra information while navigating the capital.